Cabinet of Curiosities has been presented with a Liebster award.
It was given to us by Jaye Robin Brown http://jayerobinbrown.blogspot.com/
Thank you, Jaye! And congratulation for signing with a wonderful agent.
The goal of this award is to spotlight upcoming bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers. The rules of the award are:
The Cabinet’s picks are as follows:
1.Caleb Warnock at http://calebwarnock.blogspot.com/
Caleb is an amazing writing teacher. It was his online classes which brought the members of Cabinet of Curiosities together. If you’d like a quick introduction to his teaching skills, check out this series of podcasts where he critiques first pages with the author—seriously, tough love in action. http://writingsnippets.wordpress.com/2011/07/25/ws-30-caleb-warnock-3-first-page-critique-part/
Also Caleb’s book: FORGOTTEN SKILLS OF SELF-SUFFICIENCY USED BY MORMON PIONEERS is now available (more information is available on his blog).
2. Leana Coakley http://lenacoakley.com/ Her first novel WITCHLANDERS is coming out this fall. I’m looking forward to reading it and recommend following her blog to learn more about her novel, fantastic interviews and excellent writing tidbits.
3. MGLitChat. http://mglitchat.blogspot.com/ On Thursday nights, there’s a great chat on Twitter for anyone interested in middle-grade fiction. I recommend you look for them on Twitter and also follow their blog for updates, transcripts and more.
4. Marcia Hoehne http://marciahoehne.blogspot.com/ When I went looking for blogs to give this award to, I was shocked to see Marcia didn’t have way more than 200 followers. She posts wonderful reviews of children’s literature, gives solid writing advice and hosts a once a month critique giveaway. I was lucky enough to win one of her critiques and her advice was fantastic.
5. Ruth Schiffmann http://outonalimbshywritergoessocial.blogspot.com/ Ruth’s writing and interests cover a wide range. But most of all she’s getting this award because her blog is very new. Judging by her first post, it will be more than worth your while to follow her.
* Also I’m excited to announce that Suzanne is doing an interview with YA author and e-book expert, Sarrra Cannon. http://www.sarracannon.com/ It will be posted here in the near future. Yay!